Energy Efficient Motors
Essential to consider Least Lifecycle Cost:
Copper Die-Cast Rotor Technology for Induction Motors & Pumps
- They generate less heat and reduce thermal stresses, including those on insulation, which enable them to operate longer.
- The increased electrical conductivity of the copper rotor material plus the need for a smaller volume of steel enables the motors to be shorter in length.
- Motors have 1‐5% higher energy efficiency ratings, so therefore consume less energy.
- Motors have lower overall manufacturing costs.
Current and potential applications for motors incorporating die cast copper rotors
|Agricultural pumps||Efficiency, torque|
|Water circulation pumps||Efficiency, torque|
|Oil well pumps||Efficiency, torque|
|Aeronautic applications||Low volume, high speed|
|Refrigeration compressors||High efficiency|
|Ceiling conveyor belt||Low weight|
Copper as a choice for rotors in Motors & Pumps:
The attributes of copper for electrical applications is well appreciated due to its better electrical conductivity. The advantages of using copper include:
- Improved Performance by way of reduced losses and higher Efficiencies and reduced temperature rise
- Increased power density resulting in reduced size (Less power to space ratio) and reduced active material content resulting in material cost reduction
With the technological breakthrough in copper die casting, now it is economically viable for mass production of copper rotors. In india copper rotors are commercial viable, and are supplied by KITRA industries, who has done continuous R&D for developing good quality rotors with world’s lowest process cost & are supplying commercially in large quantities.
Switch to IE2 / IE3 EE Motors
Benefits of Energy Efficient Motors:
Many efficient motors run cooler and are more likely to withstand voltage variations and harmonics than standard motors
Many efficient motors have a slightly higher power factor on average than their standard counterparts
Most efficient motors operate more quietly than standard motors
What We Do
ICA India adopted focused market transformation approach through Updating Standards which are harmonized to global standards With support of supply chain create awareness among the industrial end users to switch to IE2 and IE3 Energy Efficient Motors & adopting revised standards Educate decision makers of motor purchases on the aspects of the life cycle cost basis against the low first cost basis Capacity building of the end use engineers in making a right selection of high and improved efficiency motors through training workshops, facilitating tools and technical support.
Promoting new technology (Copper rotors die casting technology) through workshops & also participating in technological events on Motors & Pumps By contributing with technical articles in magazine and journals Around the world, energy demands are growing at a rapid pace, with developing countries outranking industrialized nations in projected increases in electricity consumption. Energy efficiency allows countries to conserve natural resources and significantly reduces greenhouse gases and emissions, which is necessary for countries to try to meet Kyoto Protocol levels. It also saves money by reducing costs while providing many industries with a competitive advantage.