Wire and Cable in Building
- 15,000 New Electricians & Electrical Contractors addressed through 245 Training programs on “Safe Electrical Installation Practices in Buildings” across the country
- With ICA India intervention, Rural Electrification Corporation Ltd. – GOI has specified only copper wire with Min. 1.5 sqmm size for internal wiring in standard Bill of Material (BOM) under Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana for providing free electricity connections to 1 crore households (1 lakh villages)
- ICA India in association with Just Dial, an Indian company providing pan-India search services uploaded ICA India owned Electricians database on their web portal for direct access to end-user
- Central Electricity Authority of India issued a notification directing all states to notify a panel of Chartered Safety Electrical Engineers to certify Residential and small commercial installations
- Successful Completion of 16 Cities “National Electrical Code of India” Familiarization campaign
Wire and Cable in Building FAQ
What is “all-copper” quality wiring?
Simply stated, “all-copper” means that the electrical service inside your home is carried exclusively through electrolytic Copper wiring. This includes the Copper conductors made from electrolytic Copper used in your circuit breaker panel, in branch circuit wiring (to outlets, switches, lighting fixtures etc.), and in branches serving heavy-load appliances (such as cooking ranges, ovens, washing machines and air conditioners).