International Copper Association India
The International Copper Association India (ICA India) is a member of Copper Alliance and the Indian arm of the International Copper Association Limited (ICA), the leading not for profit organization for the promotion of copper worldwide set up in 1959.
ICA India was formed in 1998 to actively associate with the growing number of copper users in India. The objective is to “Defend and grow markets for copper based on its superior technical performance and its contribution to a higher quality of life worldwide”.
ICA India conducts various programs in the interest of Electrical Safety, Energy Efficiency and Sustainability. Employing a mix of market development and regulation advocacy approach to encourage the use of copper.
Thereby, accelerating changes and transforming the long-term markets for Copper in a sustainable way through its various major initiatives such as:
- Encourage safe house wiring practices in the Building Construction sector.Increase awareness of Power Quality through Asia Power Quality Initiative (APQI) Platform.
- Propagate the use of Energy Efficient Motors for energy savings in Industries.Promote 5 mm Microgroove Copper Tube heat exchangers technology to OEMs.
- Promote the use of High Energy Efficient Motors and Copper Motor Rotors to Industries.
- Reduce distribution losses in the Power sector through the use of low loss Distribution Transformers.
- Encourage Renewable Energy Technologies like solar water heaters.
About ICA and Copper Alliance